Friday, 3 June 2011

Days 51, 52 and 53: Madrid and Barcelona

I have really been enjoying my time here in spain. like soooo much. I had lots of fun in the rest of my time in Madrid. On my second full day there I saw some really beautiful things. I went to the Bitanical Gardens. they were so amazing. I spent quite a while walking around and looking at all the plants. I picked a bad day to go. it was the opening to this Photography show, so part of the gardens were closed off. which was kinda sad that I didn't get to see all of it, but what I did see was so pretty. I also went into a few churches and other random things. I went to this amazing park, where you could rent a boat and row around it. I spent sometime in the park and layed in the sun, took some photos and read. I got a tad of a sunburn. that evening I walked around with these awesome people from my hostel. there were about 9 of them in my hostel and they are taking this course, they have 9 hour school days plus homework, which is CRAZY. but they were all really nice. one girl taught me some yoga, which is really fun. I think I am going to start yoga when I get home. it was fun to spend time with them when I did. the next day, which would have been thursday, I took a train from Madrid to Barcelona. and then found my hostel. this was one of the easiest hostels to find, which is really nice. its also one of the nicest hostels I have had. I met these two really nice girls when I got there. one of them has been one of the most awesome people I met on my whole trip, we just kinda connected. sad thing was she left this morning. LAME. but we chatted lots and hung out last night, so that was fun.
On Friday I hung out with this awesome girl from the UK, her name is Rohan. We walked around Barcelona. it has been one of the best days I have had. even though the weather was kinda lame. we went to the beach, ate ice cream, put our feet in the water and walked along the beach. we ate Tapas at a Tapas bar, had coffee at this really funky little shop AND went to this amazing market. We bought strawberries there. so good. i also took lots of photo. we are going to hang out tomorrow as well. shall be fun.
I have 8 days left. which is rather scary to think about. I try not too. anyway. thats what I have been up too.
thanks for reading. BYE

1 comment:

  1. OMG Kieran - I am just so pleased and happy that this trip is turning out to be as terrific as it is. Sounds like you are experiencing so many things packed into 9 weeks. You know what they say though.... "How can we keep them down on the farm, after they've seen Paris?". Should be quite interesting when you get back to Canada. p.s. Vancouver Canucks won the 1st out of 7 games for the Stanley Cup! Next game on Saturday evening! Love and lots and lots of hugs.

    ReplyDelete