So when I last left off I was heading to the trains for a very long 20 hour trip. and let me tell you, it was long, uncomfortable and just ugg. The first train was the worst. it was an overnight train and they had these horrible seats that reclined but were so uncomfortable, It was so hard to sleep, but I did end up sleeping some. I put earplugs in because there was this one guy who was snoring sooooo loud, people were looking at him and saying the girl next to him should hit him, which was quite funny. the first train was about 9 hours. the two trains after that I was actually able to sleep some, the seats were comfortable. on the second one I met these two girls from the USA and we traveled the rest of the way together. The wonderful thing about having such a long trip is when your last train is about 40 minutes late and you just want to get to your destionation. Now the Spanish trains are known for being on time, so when the train arrived they said you could get a refund because the train was late, so me and the girls from the US went to see about getting a refund, waited well over an hour in several different lines to have them tell us that since we got our tickets in France and not Spain there was nothing they could do about it. O well, we had fun sitting on the floor in the train station. after that I found my hostel and unpacked a bit and relaxed. there is this group of people here, they are doing a course over here and then are going to be teaching english as a second language, there are some really nice people in the group. the only annoying thing about this hostel, is the internet SUCKS. it says I am connected but it just doesn't work. then others it works awesome. it has a mind of its own, but its so annoying. On Tuesday I went out and saw some of Madrid, which is really a nice place. I slept in, which was nice, because I was sooo tired. I went and saw some really nice parks and churches. and here is the really exciting thing that I did. I had just left my hostel and was walking down the main street and I came across this theatre and they were playing Le Mis in Spanish. so I got a ticket for about 16 Euros. yes the show was in Spanish and a lot of the time I didn't know what was happening, but it was so amazing. No matter what the language is, it was just beautiful. My tickets were for the back row in this huge theatre. Where I met these really nice girls and for the second act their friend was sitting in this box really near the front, so we all went and saw it from really close. It was nice to see one act from far away and one from really close. In all I really enjoyed the show. I had shivers at several points. I really now want to see the show in english.
well I am off for another day in Madrid. BYE
sounds like you are having a great adventure
ReplyDelete