Paris. What an interesting place. My first full day in Paris has been a rollercoaster of events. It had its low points and it had its HIGH points.
I`ll start with the low point, i was mugged, yes thats right. my money was stolen from me, about 90 eruos. which sucks a lot. it was stupid, but it happened. I am okay, not harmed. I kinda had a moment after that. but i moved on. There is nothing I could really do about it. I am mad that it happened, but there is nothing I can do now. I have execpted that it happened, and I have moved on.
I went to see some amazing things today. First off I went to see Arc de Triomphe (thats what its called, its a huge arch. look it up). after that was the Eiffle Tower. Which was amazing. I didn`t go up at first, I walked around and sat in the grass and just looked at it. I walked up to the 1st and second level of the tower, (my legs hurt :P) and the few is amazing, you can walk around the whole tower and see the entire city, it is truely amazing. so beautiful. Next on my list was the Louve. that was so cool. I didn`t actaully go and look at everything, its 10 euros and i wasn`t really in the spend money kind of mood :P. but i looked around.
I then walked to Pont Neuf, then down to Notre-Dame. Those who know me, know that I am not a religous person, but I can appriate that others do. I was in the Cathedrale during mass, and it was really truly beautiful. the building itself was just so amazing. People lit candles, there was singing. I just walked around in amazement. It was the highlight of my day. It was just amazing.
Yes I did have my camera with me all day and took over 400 photos, and I got some really nice ones.
the weather wasn`t the nicest today, it was mainly cloudy, but there were some blue sky moments.
at the end of the day, I think it was a good day. It all a learning experiance.
Tomorrow will be a better day, not sure what I am going to do, but I know I am leaving Paris on Sunday and after that, I do not know.
If you have any questions about anything, ask. Also, I think I am going to start a random facts post or something like that. Just of random things i have seen or heard.
AND YES. I will post some photos soon :P
BYE
ok, first i am glad you are ok, second, mugged on your 4th/5th day in europe-that sucks-i am sending you good luck karma-----********************---- and wishing you better luck for the rest of your trip--suzanne
ReplyDeleteMy poor Kieran, getting mugged is not fun :(
ReplyDelete*Sends virtual hugs*
I look forward to seeing those photos!
Well, you are not hurt and that is the great news! Too bad about the mugging, but it is almost guaranteed that someone is going to try. Sounds like you are really hitting the high points in Paris. I wish I was there!! So glad you got to see Notre Dame - it is truly a spiritual experience. Anxious to see the pics as well, but all in due time. Just checked the weather for Paris and sunshine and 20 C for the next 4 days! You are in luck! Hope you get a good night sleep and enjoy tomorrow. Sending hugs.
ReplyDeleteaha. I finally figured this bloggy thing out. I am so cross that you got mugged, but very relieved that you are safe. So now that I am on the ball, and know where you are, I am going to be sending you good thoughts all the time. And when you get back, we are going to get together no matter what. Ok??? love auntie
ReplyDeleteHi Kieran! So sorry to hear about your mugging. My daughter had her purse stolen in France which included her passport. The Canadian Embassy in Paris was fabulous, they spoke English, and are really there to help canadians.
ReplyDeleteIf you need another memory card for your camera "Fnac" is a great store, Venice sells cheap memory cards too.
Enjoy the beauty around you and remember your home will be there when you get back.
Bye from Suzanne's work friend Brenda
I am sorry to hear about your mugging...but it sounds like the rest of the day was great..cant wait for your pics...huge hugs and safe thoughts to you...make sure you take in all the positive and absorb the good energy...love you and glad that you have gotten past the bad.....again huge hugs to you...cant wait to hear about the next day...it is like Brandie and I are there with you..we are in spirit...remember this always....
ReplyDeletelove Sherry