Saturday, 16 April 2011

Day 6: Paris

Well today in general was a much better day than yesterday. The weather was beautiful and sunny. I slept so well and I didn't get mugged. So much better in that respect.
today was more of a walking randomly around to see what I would find kinda of a day. I left my hostel around 11 and went to the "Metro" as its called here. and got on and got off at this place that i dont know the name of, but it was very pretty :P after that i went to what i think is called Petit Palais. It had art up and such, i walked around and looked at it, but the best part was the amazing paintings on the ceiling. they were just so beautiful. I spent most of the rest of my day just walking around. I stopped a few times and went on a grassy space and read my book in the sun. which was really nice. I went back to the mac store i found yesterday and did a bunch of random internest stuff. facebook and such. which was fun. after that I went and walked around and found some awesome stores, I found H&M, quicksiver, and a bunch of stores.
I didn't say this before, but on my first day here, on my walk to my hostel, I walked through this whole area that was made up of sex shops. I didn't realize where I was and was like "o hey", but ya, found another place like that today. there is some weird stuff here in Paris. I am now back in my hostel eating food. which is nice.

So a few random facts from the past few days.
i have seen a crazy old british man as well as a few crazy old french men.
some french people really can make smoking look sexy.
there are lots of people out there to con you in paris.
its really nice having a conversation with someone in english after not having one for a few days
i have seen so many people that look like people i know, and i want to go say hi, but then i realize that there is NO way they could be who i think they are.
not all english people have bad teeth, BUT some really, really do.
thats all i can think of for now

but tomorrow i am leaving paris. for where you ask. read my next blog and you will find out :P

4 comments:

  1. yeah, glad it was a better day--love the random facts--keep it up. Keep enjoying yourself-:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are the funnest random thoughts I have read..hehehehe glad today was better...cant wait for the next adventure..and as for the sex shops..very interesting...heheheh

    love
    sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are really getting to see the real Paris - lots of interesting things and people over there. Love the random factoids too. So glad the weather to good to you. I am sure you asked for it before you left. Now, to await your next adventure - I can just see your red face when you realized you were in the sex shop area "Does any one here know me?" Keep on having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Glad today was better. And yes... we google everywhere you mention. Helps us to feel like we are there with you. Hugs. Keep safe.

    ReplyDelete