Sunday, 15 May 2011

Day 33 and 34: Venice

Yes I have made my way over to Italy. I left Golling Saturday morning and took a train and a bus to get to Venice. The main way of travel in the beautiful city of Venice is by either walking or by boat. So when I got off the bus I took a boat to where my hostel is, which is on a little island. Right away I met this guy (named brian) in my dorm. where was he from you ask, he was from Victoria. We got to talking and then went out for a pizza (italian pizza is amazing) and then took a boat over to the sort of main square area and walked around. I had my first italian getlato as well. SO GOOD. we were walking around from about 8:30ish till 11:30. it was pretty fun, saw some sites and ya. It was a good night. Sunday morning I woke up and the weather was just horrible this morning. when brian and I left the hostel in the morning it was just pouring, (which was not too fun) we walked around a bit and found this little pizza place and got a HUGE pizza for 8:50 euros. which is an amazing deal, like so good. and i must say it was some amazing pizza. by this point the rain had kinda stopped, so we walked around and I took photos around 1:30 we parted ways (he was heading off to florence today) and I spent the rest of the day walking around and looking at Venice. I did go into one musium while I was here. it was really nice. I really like the city. One thing I am not a fan of is how expenive some things are. My boat ticket cost a fair amount. besides that I really like the city, even though most of my time here has been spent with crappy weather, I am going to spend part of my day tomorow walking around before I head out. I am going to Florence tomorrow as well. I spent over two hours tonight trying to find a cheapish hostel in rome that was close to the city. I could not find anything. I was getting so fed up and stressed that I just said fuck it and booked a hostel, realizing after that its like 45 min outside of rome. i am slightly annoyed, but what can you do.
i have booked the next week or so of stays, Florence for 2, the Naples for 2 then to Rome for 3. then off to somewhere else.

just on a side note. I finished reading the 3rd book in the Millenium Series. (the girl that kicked the hornets nest) the books were SO GOOD. if you have not read them, I highly recomend them.
well bye for now.

mmmmm pizza

1 comment:

  1. wow, its pretty cool you met someone from canada and they were from victoria--have fun in italy

    ReplyDelete