Well I had a wonderful past few days. At my hostel in Florence I met these two really nice girls. Dacey, who is from a town in Alberta, kinda close to Edmonton, and then Jan who is from Thailand. We got to talking and they decided that they would come down to Naples with me. So on Wednesday the three of us spent some time in Florence. We went to go see Michelangelo square, where David is. That was cool. We also went around and saw some sights in florence, we saw the Dome, and other little things in Florence that there was to see. Then in the afternoon we caught a train down to Naples. Once there, we made a little adventure of finding our hostel, which we did with not too much trouble. Now I have to take a moment to talk about hostels. All the hosteling in Germany, Austria and even the one I went to in Prague, when it came to breakfasts, they were very good. There was bread, meats, cheeses, yogart, jucies, cearal, and all sorts of other thing. In Italy, there is not a lot of stuff. Cearal, bread, jam and juice. so not a lot. also the past two hostels I have been in, were, not as nice as ones I have been in. They are clean and are good. But when it comes to the little thing. Take my hostel in Naples. for some reason, there is only one key per room. All other hostels I have been in, each person gets there own key, here, theres one. Also there are no lockers in the rooms. wait thats not true, there are lockers, just no way to lock them. Some hostels are just better than others, its how it works.
Anyway, after we arrived in Naples and checked in around 10ish, the three us went out for some good old Naples pizza, which I must say was amazing. SO GOOD. on Thursday we went around Naples, walked around. We ate some more pizza, also very good. We went to this really old castle, which was awesome, there was a newlywed couple there, getting there photos taken. it was very beautiful. One thing I like doing is going down some of the smaller streets, and looks at stuff that is not on the main drag. One thing about Naples and some other places, is there were so many venders selling stuff on the side of the road, everywhere. they sell everything. sunglasses, jewery, books, dvds, electronics, iphones, toys and lots of other crap. and they all sell the same stuff.
but yes. in general i am really enjoying Italy. I am now off to get one more pizza from Naples then off to the train station to go to Rome. so excited. bye for now :D
isn't it cool to run into a canadian here and there
ReplyDeleteCareful in Rome Kieran - mugging is pretty big there. So glad you like Italy - great country. Say hi to the Pope! Lotsa love..
ReplyDeleteSo! I have finally caught up and read all of your blog posts. Holy Moley, Kieran, it sounds like you're having a total blast! Hey, make sure to hit up the Vatican while you're in Rome, yeah? Ah, and I'm happy you got to see Salzburg. So beautiful. Hah, all of this reading is giving me visions of grandeur travels for next year :P
ReplyDeleteAnyways, glad to see you're having fun and staying safe! Keep me updated! <3