Monday, 6 June 2011

Days 55 and 56: Mallroca

I am on my alast few day here and I will be spending them in Mallorca Spain with my family in their beautiful villa. Now when latst I wrote I was just about to leave for the airport to take a flight over to Mallorca. Let me say this, it was one hell of a trip to make it to the airport and I am soooo lucky I even made my flight. Now my plane left at 3:55 and I left my hostel at 12:30. plenty of time right. If I had gotten on the right train to the airport it would have been wonderful. I was told to get on a train on platform 9, which I did. Wrong train. so after a 40 min train ride in the wrong direction and me freaking out a bit, I get off the train and am in a panic, when I someone asks me where I am going. Lets just say this, there are some AMAZING people in this world. Three people from Venezuela were my savors. They told me what train to take (they were taking it as well) and then what bus to take (which they walked me to) and when the next bus would not come in time, the one lady said she would drive me to the airport. I cannot believe how lucky I am that I met them and how nice they were. I was so thankful to them. I made it to the airport on time and I met some wonderful people doing it. I arrived safely in Mallorca and took an hour drive to where my family is staying. Now Mallorca is an island. (look it up) and it is a very beautiful one. I ate a wonderful dinner last night and talked and relaxed. I was also able to sleep in this morning. Today we went to the biggest city on the island called Palma (where the airport is) and we walked around, looked in some shops, I went into this amazing cathedral. We ate some Tapas at a Tapas bar. I had the biggest ice cream cone today. It was also the cheapest for what you got. SO GOOD. We drove around a bit and saw some sites. I has been a good day. I just wish the weather was nicer. I want to go to the beach, and be able to swim and tan before I leave.
that is all for now. hope you are all well and that the weather is nicer than it is here, which is not bad, but not as nice as I would like for my last week here. BYE

2 comments:

  1. Just the name, "Malorca", sounds beautiful. Have a wonderful last few days. what a great life lesson to be reminded of, (by your planes, trains and automobiles experience) if given the opportunity, people LOVE to help others. Hugs, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are nice people everywhere!!!

    ReplyDelete