Wednesday, 20 April 2011

Day 10: Maastricht to Frankfurt

Yes that is right. I am in Frankfurt Germany now. I am in a really nice hostel, it is the nicest one I have been in so far, and the price was great too. only downside is, its right by the "redlight district". o well, what can you do.
I didn't do a whole lot today. I started off by finishing watching Moulin Rouge with Teresa and then we made a Canadain breakfast of Pancakes. Which were really yummy. While staying with Teresa we made some really good food. it was nice to be able to cook for myself. After breakfast, I packed and we walked around Maastricht for a bit, then it was off for another day of travel, I took one bus then a train to Frankfurt. It was a pretty fast train, and took less than two hours.
Then checked into my hostel and have just kinda been relaxing, went through a bunch of my photos and ya. here i lay, in my bed writing this blog. I am going to stay in Frankfurt until sunday i think, then off to somewhere else. I have a friend, Emily, that lives near here, so I am going to go visit her tomorrow, which shall be fun.

going to leave you with some random thoughts and interesting facts.
one thing I don't really like about europe, is you have to pay for public washrooms.
in maastricht, lots of people use bikes to get around, most of those people do not wear helmets
crosswalks work different in different cities, in paris, you go as long as there are no cars.
some french people really do know how to make smoking look sexy.
hope you are all well. do people have questions. would love to answer some :D

2 comments:

  1. love the photo (crooked) haha
    thanks for the random thoughts
    keep having a great time
    suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. hence the old saying "Go spend a penny for me!" I grew up in England and I hated having to pay for the toilets! Have a Great Day tomorrow with your friend!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete