Okay here I am. I have some time to write a blog to say what I have been up to the last few days.
On the 12th day I had a nice relaxing kind of a day. It was Easter friday so most things were closed, so there was not a lot to really do. so I just kinda walked around and enjoyed the AMAZING WEATHER. it was around 25 and so beautiful. I spend around 2 hours sitting by the river in Frankfurt reading my book and enjoying the sun. While I was sitting there, an easter group of people walked by, there was a man carrying a cross, it was interesting. I went to the Dom in Frankfurt that day and to a few other sites, walked over 5 of the many bridges as well. People really start to drink early here sometimes. It might be an easter weekend thing, but when i left my hostel around 9:30, people were walking around drinking beer.
I got back to my hostel and relaxed. they have a BBQ on the weekends, so I ate food at the BBQ, and people gave me some beer. I met some really nice people. A guy from Kentuky, a girl from germany and this guy from India. They were all really nice. I had a drink or two with the first two. had some really nice conversations with them.
on my 13th day here I went and spent the day with my friend emily, we walked around some towns near frankfurt and talked. we spent sometime with her friends and ate some good food. emily and I went to this Italian place and ate pizza. and also went for ice cream a few times. it was all really good. we went back to her town and walked along the river and then her host family had an easter egg hunt, which was really fun. i had some chocolate. YUM. we also took some really awesome photos, that I am really excited to go and edit at some point. I LOVE THEM. the psat two days were really nice. relaxing and fun. which is what i needed. I decided to stay another night in Frankfurt. 1. because I didn't want to travel on easter. 2 because I am going to spend the day with Emily and her family, which shall be fun.
I hope that you all have a wonderful easter and spend it with people you care about. enjoy life :D

awesome--and i think they just drink all the time over there. haha--happy easter
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter Kieran! Sounds like you have really enjoyed the past few days - afew good adventures with sights, sounds and meeting new people (and eating new food). Germany is very well known for it's massive consumption of excellent beers. It is a national passtime I think. Enjoy your Day with the Family and looking forward to tomorrow for you. Love as always.. p.s. Sharon and the Vernon Easter Bunny say Hi!
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter Kieran. Love you as always. Hugs :)
ReplyDeleteAunt Deb
xoxo