Monday, 25 April 2011

Day 14: Frankfurt

Two weeks I have been here. wow how time flies. ITS CRAZY.
well yesterday was easter and I was kinda sad at the thought of spending it alone.
but that is not the case. I was invited to my friend Emily's house to spend the day with her and her host family. I had a wonderful day. I arrived around lunch time and we all went out to this really cute little restaurant. I had a glass of champain and the most amazing food. in english it would be a peppercorn schnitzel with fries. OMG MOST AMAZING FOOD EVER. it was a pork schnitzel. and it was just so good. it was covered in this peppercorn sause, and wow. one of the best things i have ever eaten.
i met all of the familys relitives. some of them spoke english, which was nice to be able to talk to some people in english. But i heard a lot of other people talking in german. after the restaurant we went back to the house and a while later had some very good deserts. they all had strawberries in them. yum. i spent the rest of the day there, played with the kids, ate chocolate, played games. i had a really good day. and i am off to the train station in a little bit for a 4ish hour long train ride. i shall read and it shall be good.
also, i finsihed angels and demons. it was a really good book.

few random things.
they have some really weird baby stollers, some of them have umbrellas on them
there are lots of mini's over here. and most of the cars people drive are very new
I saw people on a segway tour the other day.
I saw a monk.
i have seen so many people that look like people from home, i may have said this already, but i have to say it again, its really weird.

thats it for now. BYE

5 comments:

  1. makes you wonder how genes work when you keep seeing everyone's "twin" eh???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - You didn't say where you were headed to to-day? Spain maybe? Anyhow, trip getting more interesting by the day. Love the fact that you are eating so many different foods - your taste buds are probably going crazy. Till the next update......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are having fun. We too see people who look like others when we are on holidays. In fact we look for dopplegangers -- it is quite fun! You seem to have had great weather so far, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey kiddo....your blogs are great and your adventure is awesome...we missed you at coffee last night..heheheh...Im glad you are afe..I was worried when my computer went down and couldnt read these to see if you were ok..the main one is down and im sneaking on brandies..heheheh the food sounds wonderful and im glad you are experiencing everything... cant wait for the next one to read..lovve you tons...oh and how is the sand collecting going..hehehehe just thought i would throw that in there.love yah kiddo

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes I've heard that a lot of people see another person's "doppleganger" so to speak. That seems fitting, seeing as how doppleganger is a german word and you are in Germany xD

    ReplyDelete