Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Day 15: Berlin

Yes I am in Germany's capital of Berlin. I am staying here with my friend Vito.
I had an awesome day yesterday. I took an hour train from Leipzig to Berlin, and Vito picked me up at the train station and we went to his house. and then we went out and saw some of Berlin. I saw part of the Berlin Wall, which was really cool. really close to where I saw the Berlin wall there is a Jewish Memorial. It was created in May 2005 and is made up of 2711 stone slates. It was really awesome. there were just rows and rows and rows of the slates. some were really tall and others were only a foot or so tall. after we were walking and it just started to RAIN. so hard. and there was thunder and lightning. we were inside at this little store, and when we made a run for the underground, we ran through the rain and after about 45 seconds of running, we were very very wet. It was crazy. we then took a ride on this train that goes in a circle and saw some more of Berlin from a dry area, the rain didn't last too long. Went back to Vito's house and ate pizza then he had to go to soccer practice. (we took his motorcycle) we got there but he never played because there was thunder in the distance again, on the way home it started to just PISS down rain, even harder than before, so we had to stop and wait it out. it was crazy, so much rain, thunder and lightning, plus a little hail. It was so awesome. We waited it out and had a coffee. Then we came back to his house, watched a movie called Eurotrip, which is a movie I was told I had to watch, cuz I am on a Euro trip so to speak :P
I am off to see some more sights today. :D

2 comments:

  1. sounds great...did you get any sand or dirt from the wall? and is there anyway you wuld be in London on friday for the wedding..if you could be there it would be epic....love you and cant wait to hear more...love sherry

    ReplyDelete