Thursday, 28 April 2011

Day 16: Berlin

Well Berlin seems to becoming a highlight of my trip so far. I have been having so much fun here in Berlin. I had a really awesome day. Started off by making Canadian pancakes again. Which were just as good as the first time I made them. Got to love pancakes. Then we made a quick motorcycle ride to Vito's mom work, (which is so much fun, I love riding on a motorcycle). after that we got on a train and went to see another site that has some of the Berlin Wall left. this place has a lot more there, and there is a spot where you can see what it looked like on the east side of the wall, with watchtowers and the couple hundred meters of other things put in peoples way to make it so they cannot escape. I don't really know how to explain it. We then went to Checkpoint Charlie, which was a America checkpoint from West to East. We had a nice walk in the park and went around and saw other random things. Ate lunch and had ice cream at one point. Now here is my exciting part of the day. I kept seeing signs up all over for The Blue Man Group playing in Berlin, so we went looking for the theatre, and life is just so awesome sometimes, we got tickets for 25€ and sat in the 7th row. OMG it was so amazing. they were so good. I laughed so hard and it was just really amazing. They are like part comedy show, part rock concert. Seeing them will be one of the highlights of my trip for sure. At the start of the show, they were throwing marshmallows at the audience. and i got one. it was tasty. They did so many awesome things. I might rant about them more later. who knows. after that Vito and I went out for dinner at a Mexican restaurant. That was my day yesterday. Not too sure what I shall get up to today, but I am sure it will be fun.
BYE

1 comment:

  1. I am glad there is some of the wall left for you to see. A very creepy thing, almost like they made a human zoo. Make sure you wears helmet on that motorcycle!

    ReplyDelete