Its been a few days since I posted a blog and I am very sorry. Lets see what have I been up to.
I spend part of my 3rd day in London, walked around, went to H&M, which was awesome. (got a cardgen)
I said goodbye to my friends Kieran and Krista, (which was really sad) I am now alone. I then took a 2ish hour bus ride to a town called Dover to take a ferry over to Calais, a little french town.
I met some people on the ferry that were doing this charity hitch hike, http://www.bummit.co.uk/news thats the link, take a look. They were really nice. We talked about some difference between Canada and UK.
I then spent the night in Calais at hostel, and then the next morning walked over to the train station and got a train to Paris. The trains here are rather interesting. its going to be fun using them over the next fewe months. Once I got to Paris, I spent a while trying to find a place with wifi that i could actually use without paying for it, and when I did I found a hostel, which was a rather long walk away, (i`m going to be doing lots of walking) and spend a while walking, when i got to the hostel i was just really tired and kinda passed out around 9:30 and slept for a while, UNTIL the really annoying french guy i was sharing a room with came back and was just so distrispectful, had the lights on and just was rude. you think when you see someone in room sleeping you would be quiet, but no, he was soooo loud. o well, am going to see about changing rooms. i am now off to explore Paris. I am going to be here for a few days.
In general my trip has been good so far, I am really homesick at the moment. its hard not knowing anyone and having like no one speak english. hopefully talk to someone on skype soon, would be nice to talk to someone.
much love
glad you are having some fun--you will get used to running around by yourself and you won't want to come back home. take care and enjoy yourself.
ReplyDeleteReminds of the sex and the city movie when Carrie went to Paris with her new man. But he was too busy to spend time with her. She saw Paris alone, missed her friends, had problems with the language barrier, was homesick and didn't know how to deal with her feelings of seeing the overwhelming beauty but at the same time feeling alone and missing her driends. Wow tart imitates life. You are a very strong and adventerous soul there Kieran. This is a chance of a lifetime to experience. It feels to me anyways and I am sure others. That you are NOT alone on this journey. we are on the trip too when we read your blogs. I am so excited to see what are "we" doing today. A great time for soul searching, and the hunt for inner peace and just putting life into perspective as well as seeing how the others in this world as well as the beauty. No matter what corner of the world you go to...there will be an abundance of very nice and very rude people. Have fun. Head up and enjoy this lifetime chance experience. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteDo I spell check my posts?...Hell No
ReplyDeleteHI Kieran! Dawn here. What an adventure you have started! The first week to two weeks will definitely have pangs of homesickness, that is totally normal, also a bit of culture shock -- symptoms are very much like homesickness...you will get through that, believe me you will! Enjoy each minute, as I know you always do, seeing the beauty and fascination of other countries. WE miss you, love you and are definitely on the journey with you!
ReplyDelete