Monday, 2 May 2011

Day 20: Vienna

I have been here for three weeks now. It´s kinda crazy, it doens´t feel like I have been here for that long already. I am now in Austria´s capital Vienna. I have met even more of my family, which for me is really cool. I have only ever heard stories about this part of my family and it is really nice to actually meet them.
Yesterday I left Linz with some of my family and stopped in a little town called Spinz (I think) and ate lunch at a traditional Austrian restuarant, with more of my family (they have two very cute little kids) I had schnitzal again, which was sooo good. I am trying schnitzal in lots of places, just for fun. Then we drove to another little town, it was a very old, we walked around and I took some photos. Then we drove to Vienna, and got to the house of more of my family. (its really hard to explain how i am related to them, so i am not going to). I then played with the kids and we ate dinner. It was a nice night, had a glass of wine and talked. It was a fun day. Today I am going to go out and see some of Vienna. I am going to be here for a few days, so hopefully I will be able to see lots of things.

I just wanted to say that today (Monday May 2nd) is election day in Canada, and I just wanted to say that I hope everyone gets out there and votes, because your one vote does make a difference, so get out there and vote, it doesn´t matter for what party, but just vote.

:D

1 comment:

  1. Great to meet family members from so far away. Enjoy Vienna - a city filled with so much history. Impressive that you mentioned election day here in Canada. We voted at 7:00 am, as soon as the polls opened. Might be a change when you come home (if enough people vote, that is). How has the weather been for you in Austria? Does most of the family you are meeting speak much English? 3 weeks done, and 5 more to go! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete