Tuesday, 3 May 2011

Day 21 and 22: Vienna

I have now been in Vienna for two full day now, and I must say it is a beautiful city full of beautiful buildings and much culture. The majority of the buildings are very old and are just so beautiful to look at. I have done some site seeing and lots of walking around. On Monday I went out with what is my second cousin, Madiline (or something like that, shes a little older than my mom. its some weird relation) anyway, we went out and took a tram tour of the city center, saw some really interesting buildings and learned some really interesting facts. after we went to this really beautiful church (there are very many of these in europe :P). My random family member then took my shopping, (birthday present) which was really nice of her, I got this really nice jacket (which I love) a pair of jeans, and a really nice scarf, from an European store called Zara (which I had never heard of before, but apparently is a really nice chain of stores). After this walked around and looked in some stores and had lunch in an outside restuarant. (there are lots of outside cafes\restaurants in europe, its like the in thing to do, eat and drink coffee outside) after this we went to pick up the kids. (These are Madiline´s grandchildren) and, along with their mother, went to this sort of fair thing in Vienna and went on this farris wheel and had a really amazing view of the city. Then took this little train thing around, (for the kids) and yes, after that we came home, the kids went to bed, and us adults ate a very nice dinner and drank some very good wine (yes, now i am drinking wine. I am pretty sure I have drank more alcohol in the past few weeks then in the past year, and if not the past few weeks, then by the end of the next few)
Tuesday was not really too much different from Monday. I walked around the city by myself and went to two art shows, niether of which I really liked. The first one was of photographs. Which I liked more than the second, but there as no theme. It was just a bunch of photos, many of which (in my oppinon, where not very good) the second one was at a modern art musium, where I paid 9 euros to get in (i could have paid 6.50 for being a student or unemployed, but i had to prove that i was a student or unemployed. how do you prove you are unemployed????) then I was made to pay 1 euro to check my bag because it was "too big." anyway, i didn´t enjoy the modern art musium, it was actually really creepy and weird. the photography part, was just, uggg. I felt really gross when i left.
Other than that, I went to a traditional Austrain coffee house today, which was good. (my coffee habit is getting worse, I had two cappuccino´s today) I did lots of other walking around today. It was fun.
I am going to go out in a little while to see some of Vienna´s night life with Madlines daughter and her husband, shall be fun.
I just have to say a few quick things about the Canadian election. I am so happy for Elizabeth May for being the first Green Party member elected. I am also so happy that the NDP won their most seats in the party´s history with over a 100. I just think it is so crazy that the Conservatives won a majority, I just think its crazy.
because of this, I don´t plan on coming back until the next election :P just kidding.
thats all for now. sorry this blog is so long,

3 comments:

  1. you are a very entertaining read!! and that is a good thing!! thanks for the flags and keep having fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Suzanne!! I'm really enjoying your blog! You're lucky to have such generous distant relatives! Continue to have fun!
    Bye, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you were able to meet up with Family over there. I'm sure they are very pleased to meet thier Canadian cousin as well. You are a great representative for Canadians! Yeah to SSI (and other Gulf Islands) for voting in the 1st Green Party MP. She will keep Mr. Harper busy. Have fun the rest of your time in Vienna. Looking forward to more blogs

    ReplyDelete