Wednesday was my last day in Vienna. But it was a nice day. It was also a kind of relaxing day. I went out by myself for most of the day and just walked around the city. I looked in stores, bought a bracelet to add to my collection. I went and sat in a park and read my book. (On the note of books I read Stupid White Men by Micheal Moore. I found it kind of funny, the morning after I started reading it osama bin laden was killed, and the day after that, Canada ellected another stupid white man. It was a very interesting book, and I learned a lot of interesting things about the USA and random other stuff.) I had lunch in this little restaurant. I took many photos. At one point in the day there was this long line of black cars and motorcycles. I think they must have had someone really important in one of the cars. At around 4 in the afternoon I met up with my family at Schönbrunn Castle (which is one of the top tourist attractions in Austria). Its a beautiful castle. Its also made up of a huge garden and so much other stuff. We all walked up this big hill to where there was a little cafe and had some desert. I had this traditional Austrian chocolate cake. It was very good. After that went back to the house and at around 9 took the train back to Linz, where I am going to stay one more night and then off to Prague.
It has been so nice to meet my family and spend time with them, but I must say that I am excited to get back to staying in hostels, backpacking and just doing my own thing.
In the next few days I am going to post a blog telling a bunch of differences between Canada and parts of Europe, there are some really odd things.
Well thats all for now. BYE
Prague - WOW - that will be fantastic for you. They say that that city has the most beautiful Architect in the world and it is a very unique city being in the Eastern Block! Good for you for deciding to go there. So glad you enjoyed your family. Nice to make that connection. You are sure getting a lot of reading in and relaxing too. Sounds like the back pack is holding up for you. We are loving your blogs... very exciting. Until next time!
ReplyDeletecooooolllllll!!
ReplyDelete