Well today was a beautiful, sunny, and warm day in Venice. it was the complete opposite of the day before. I saw two completely different Venice's in my time there. The rainy day Venice and the sunny day. I spent from 9:30 until 2 walking around sunny Venice, taking in the sites and taking photos. One of the coolest thing I have done so far was in St. Marcos Square today. there were people feeding th pigons, so i got some awesome photos of that, and I remembers that I had some bread in my bag. so i fed the pigons. I even had some on me. At one time I had four on me. It was so awesome. I spent around 30 minutes in the pigon area. I gave these asian ladies some bread, they were so happy they got to feed the pigons that they asked to take a photo with me. made me laugh and rather happy. I then got on a train to florence. One thing i didn't know is that with high speed trains in Italy, you need to reserve a seat, which I didn't know. I was told I had to pay 18 euros on the train, which I said I didn't have, so i was kicked off a train, which was fine, I just got on the next train. I met up with my friend Brian who I met in Venice around 7 and found my hostel, which is kinda far away from everything, but is still really nice. then we went out for dinner. I had some italian pasta and we shared a good bottle of wine. and now I sit here in my hostel checking facebook and writing my blog.
I have now been here 5 weeks. which is just CRAZY. I have four more to go. over the half way point now. but still a lot to look forward to, Rome, the south of france, spain. shall be good.
you are becoming sooo european!!!
ReplyDeleteYou shared a bottle of wine! Good on ya Kieran. You are changing right before our eyes (on your blog of course). Your trip just sounds so romantic, fun, excting and just plain wonderful. Maybe you should have booked for 3 months! Love reading your blogs...
ReplyDelete