This is a blog so that people can follow my 9 week adventure in Europe. I am going to post photos, videos, and will write posts so you can see what I am up to. I will try to post something every few days. Don't hate me if I don't. Love you all.
Thursday, 26 May 2011
Days 43 and 44: Milan and Turin
So I was looking at my blogs and realized I said the same day twice. I apparently lived day 34 twice. which is always fun. I did have a good time in Milan. It was almost quiet compared to Rome. it was nice to have a little bit more of a quiet city. not that Milan is a quiet city, but you know what I mean. So on tuesday I got up, had breakfast and just as I was leaving I asked for a map of the city and where some nice places to go see were, and at the same time this girl asked as well. We started to chat as we were leaving the hostel, she was from Canada. I have met so many Canadians. We ended up spending most of the day together, we walked around the city, went in the Dome went to this really nice park where we saw 11 brides taking photos. thats right 11. I couldn't believe how many there were. I have been seeing brides taking photos with their grooms all over Italy at the major site. In Florence, Naples and in Rome as well. I must say the weather has been so hot here in Italy. You walk outside for like 5 minutes and you are sweating, its truly wonderful. So several times we sat down in the shade to cool down a bit. Half way during the day we parted ways because I wanted to go look at all the shops and she didn't. I went into so many nice stores in Milan. In one store, Abercrombie and Fitch, there was a guy with his shirt off, to attract people into the store. I found that interesting. I really wanted to buy myself something from Milan, just to be able to say, "I bought this in Milan" so I bought some really awesome Diesel underwear, they are rather awesome. I went in lots of stores and had fun looking at all the clothes and some really nicely dressed Italians. After that I went to this really nice park and finished my book. I was reading Runaway Jury, which was a good book. I went back to my hostel in the evening and made dinner and ate with my Canadian friend Laura. I also met other people, two girls named Marinana and a guy named Reccardo. its so nice meeting people. On Wednesday Laura and I spend the morning together before we had to go to the train station. So I had a first on my trip to Italy. The train I was on broke down. So that took a little longer than I wanted. After getting to Turin, it took a little while to find my hostel, but I did find it. Once there I met these two guys from the UK, who were really nice. I spent the night in there room having a few drinks. I also had my first experiance with bed bugs. I was really lucky. Joel, the one guy said he had seen bed bugs in the room I was in, so before I went to bed I took a look, and low and behold, there were bedbegs in my bed. So I went to their room and slept in there, because there was a free bed. I feel so lucky that they told me, or, I don't even want to think about it. At around 4;30 in the morning we were woken up by a thunder and lightning storm. Two of us, me and Josh (the other UK guy) sat and watched the lightning for 30 minutes or so. I loved watching lightning storms. The weather is not suposed to be too nice today, so I am going to go out and see some stuff and hope it doesn't rain too much. Bye for now :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
its great that you are meeting soo many people that are nice. it makes your trip more enjoyable.
ReplyDeleteI envy you for having clothing from Milan so much, just so you know. Although I don't know if I would have went the underwear route... I don't know about you but my underwear doesn't come up in conversation a lot. xD
ReplyDelete