I will post a double blog later. I just didn´t do a lot yesterday, and I know I will most likely not do a lot today, so I will do something different. YAY. I am going to post some differences between canada and europe and some random other things.
The traffic lights are different in europe. They turn yellow when the light is going to turn red as well as green.
In Austira (not sure about other countries) it is still legal to smoke in restaurants. which is gross and i hate
People have their dogs with them everywhere, on trains, in restaurants, hotels, and most other places.
German and Austrian radio is interesting. They talk in German, but most of the songs are English songs. There are a lot of top 20 songs from the USA. Also I have heard the German verison of some english songs, one was Green Day, and sung by a girl.
People use scooters a lot more in Europe than they do in Canada. Lots of adults use them.
I have seen people drinking beer in the middle of the day. in lots of places. may favourite was when I was sitting on the train in Berlin and this guy pulls a beer out of his coat and takes a drink
Pop is a lot different here. it tastes different. and there is more coke than pepsi here. I barely see pepsi
Gas stations are just way different.
The buses in Berlin are pretty awesome. most are double decker buses, but are also a lot longer then the ones you would normaly see. I was on them a few time. was sweet.
People park really weird here. In Canada you park the way the side of the street goes, not here, you can park any dirrection you want, where ever you want.
also the streets are different too. we have a two way street and you know where you are supposed to drive. in Linz for example, there is what would look like a one way street, but no, its really not.
Lots of the major cities I have been in have had a river running through them.
The toilets are different.
So yesterday, I was looking at a calender and realized I am in europe for 9 weeks, not 8 weeks, like I thought I was here for. I knew I was here for 2 months, and I thought that two months was 8 weeks, while I was wrong, its 9. I laughed a bunch when I fingured this out. Anyway, I am off to the train station and heading off to Prague. BYE <3
cool post!!!!
ReplyDeletethat is so interesting...I have a cousin that lives in Prague..his name is Leigh Dehaney..his work phone # is +420 270008850..the company that he works for is KIT Digital...just thought I would throw that info to you..that is all I know...I am looking forward to your next adventure..love you and miss you tons..sherry
ReplyDelete